Do Good and pray without trumpets
Prayer is a loving awareness of God, for in Him we live and move and have our being. Penance implies change of heart and life.
Prayer, Penance, and Almsgiving have to be done in secret. Good makes no noise and noise does no good. Prayer is a loving awareness of God, for in Him we live and move and have our being. Penance implies change of heart and life.
It orients us towards metanoia, an inner conversion. Almsgiving is reaching out to those in need, extending one’s co-creatorship to creation.
As said by Samuel Smiles, "Sow a thought and you reap an act; sow an act and you reap a habit; sow a habit and you reap a character; sow a character and you reap a destiny."
What we sow should be of higher value. Similarly, giving is to be a private affair, not a public show. It is an unfortunate reality that some Christians will give only if there is some form of publicity.
But God's response to generosity is to make all grace abound to the giver. The more we get, the more we are expected to give, because not only does the giver benefit from generosity, but the recipients benefit as well. -- Bro. Subodh Tirkey, HGN
- Fr. Michael McGivney: Coronavirus victim and soon-to-be Blessed
- Philippine Bishops warn against online child sexual predators
- Nigerian Christian Association calls for security consciousness
- Bishops of Northern Ireland contest new abortion law
- Mexico lifts lockdown amid pandemic
- Doctor to Doctor: Order of Malta helps tailor best practices in fight against Covid-19
- Pope dedicates ambulance to care for Romes homeless